The purpose of the International Movement for Monetary Reform (IMMR) is to reform our current monetary system (where the bulk of our money is created by private institutions) to one where all money is created free of debt in a democratic and transparent process by sovereign nations for society’s public good and for economic stability.
To support our united efforts in changing the monetary system, we are hiring an international coordinator for a part-time position.
- Location & working time: Very flexible. You would work remotely and mostly online and connect via web conferences and online communication tools. You are mostly free to structure your working hours, 10-15h/week.
- Remuneration: 600€ per month, (this money is raised collectively by our national member organizations. However, as our movement and income grows, there is potential to upgrade your remuneration.)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Main Tasks & Key Accountabilities
The IMMR coordinator is in charge of keeping an overview of all activities and making sure that the IMMR is smoothly running by coordinating all activities. New opportunities and tasks will arise in relation to changing circumstances. As the IMMR grows, this role develops.
- Coordinating and managing the IMMR blog, newsletter, website and internal discourse forum
- Work closely with the IMMR core group (=managing board), support new projects, follow their tasks and attend monthly core group meetings
- Connecting and supporting the various national member organizations and their coordinators by maintaining contact with them, offering advice or when required help them deal with problems within their group, such as motivation, retention, communication
- Helping to organize the annual IMMR meeting or conferences
- Networking with other NGOs and potentially working on joint events
Required Experiences & Qualifications
- Being well-organized, highly self-motivated, responsible, taking initiative and able to meet deadlines.
- Being a multi-talent and able to identify challenges and propose workable, engaging solutions
- Excellent people/interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work with and support a broad range of people with differing levels of knowledge and experience plus different cultural / racial / linguistic backgrounds.
- A positive, flexible approach and genuine commitment to working for positive change,
- Experience in the voluntary or campaigning sector or in community organizing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, fluency in another language is an asset
- Basic knowledge about WordPress, Mailchimp and online communication platforms
- Good general knowledge of the architecture of the money system and sovereign money reform (or have the desire to learn), participation in the IMMR and/or a national member organization is highly desirable
- Experience approaching funders or writing grant applications is highly desirable
If you are interested, please send a CV & application letter until June 30th 2019 answering the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is your background regarding monetary reform?
- Why do you want to work for the IMMR?
- What skills and experience do you have that make you suitable to apply for the job?
If we think you fit the position, we will invite you to a virtual interview soon.
We are looking forward to your application! 🙂
For further information on the IMMR please refer to:
The job can also be found here as a PDF: